I’ve been building websites since 1995. Back then, I was working at Honeywell Aerospace. I was using a text editor and typing the HTML and CSS codes by hand to create each page for static, in-house websites. This was long before SonFisher Web Studios and before I’d ever heard of a content management system (CMS). Fast-forward a few years, and SonFisher Web Studios has grown into a team of designers and content management professionals, both specializing in WordPress for business.
So Why WordPress?
In 2011 SonFisher Web Studios began looking into content management systems as the industry changed and our clients needs grew. We looked into a different CMS while we were still building static HTML and CSS sites. We knew the industry was moving to a platform based system and we wanted to be among the first to offer this to our customers.
With early platforms there were limitations, crashes, mysterious errors and long hours to get a working website. Finding experts that were willing or able to troubleshoot these issues was difficult, at best.
Two years later, we ditched the other CMS and switched to WordPress. We went all-in and now work with WordPress exclusively. We found all the functionality, responsiveness and community in WordPress was a win-win-win… for us, our clients and our clients’ online success.
Now you may ask, why should I choose to use WordPress for my project?
First, like most CMS’s, WordPress already has many of the functions that business owners clamor for. Functions like being able to login, allowing a user to create or edit posts, allow for comments from site visitors, and on and on… it’s already part of the core system, free for our clients. You will also find a treasure trove in the plugins that you can add to your website to do things like add a shopping cart, to help check your grammar in your blog posts, to optimize your content for the search engines, and thousands of others.
Second, if you can use a word-processor like Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or OpenOffice, then you can write and publish fresh content at your own pace and keep your content up-to-date.
Third, is the the WordPress community. Many thousands of WordPress enthusiasts and a few thousand volunteers that write code for the WordPress core, plugins and themes. You’ll find WordPress people are friendly toward the new community members and professionals. The helpful nature of the community makes support and maintenance of your site possible for website owners at various levels.
What Do We Do For You?
- We listen to you describe your web problems or business needs. We seek to understand first so we can meet your need and deliver real value. We want to know the who, what, where, when, and why. So we can clearly define the problem. That will help us build real-world solutions to help you find success.
- Most business owners have an awful time writing content for their website. So we give you tools and guidance to help you more easily build content for your website.
- Then we begin bringing all of this information together and begin choosing graphics, colors and layouts. Each project is presented in a “staged” version – for your eyes only – to review and approval.
- On approval we launch your new website for all the world to see.
- After your site launch, we maintain your website for one month*. This bonus month of support is included as part of the website design package, so you have continuity and confidence in your finished project.
* We optionally offer a Peace of Mind Maintenance plan for continued support.
The best part; if you can keep up with us, we can launch a WordPress site faster than a static, non-WordPress website of equal quality and capability. It’s just another benefit of WordPress we love.
If you would like to see what SonFisher can do for your business? See our pricing for plans and services.